Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Inglorious Basterds

I remember this movie clear as day My friend Paul, and I snuck in after buying tickets for some kiddy movie. Inglorious Basterds is a rewrite of history during World War II and telling that tale/history is Quentin Tarantino. In it, you see two different but similar point of views, One is through the eyes of Lt. Aldo Raine, the leader of an all Jewish guerrilla regiment, now not much is explained of Aldo's background except a slash scar across his neck which leaves the viewers to use their imagination. Also is Shosanna, a Jewish female Parisian whose life was ruined due to Hans Landa a Colonel in the Nazi Party who was put in charge of finding the few remaining Jews in France. Landa, had killed Shosanna's entire family but she had managed to escape. This movie is beautifully executed from scene to scene in very fluid strides. The movie puts this weight of suspense on your shoulders and slowly as the scene progresses this weight grows larger and larger and then everything is dropped onto the floor into a graceful, climactic crash only to have the next chapter begin then the weight is picked up from the floor and is placed back on your shoulders slightly heavier each time until the movie finishes. By far the best movie I've seen

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of it, but maybe I'll watch it, it sounds good:D It reminds me of call of duty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aha so i'm not the only one sneaking into movies with friends. Funny i snuck it to dis movie too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zach!
    and congratulations at being the first to complete the blog, post, 2 gives, and 2 gets...and to do it with a review that's interesting to read. I followed up by reading excerpts from Tarantino interviews...he's a very witty speaker and writer. My two kids are big fans of his movies...One of my Capstone (senior project) students did his project on non-linear film making and studied "Pulp Fiction" in his research.
    I think, like Chloe, I'll watch "Inglorious Basterds."

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked this movie expecialy all the action parts. this movie has alot of action and killing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To everyone else out there who's done the act of sneaking into movies. "Why would you sneak into a movie that you haven't buy tickets for? Not to hurt people's feelings that sneaking into a movie is fine and I understand those urges of cursing ourselves of being underage to not watch these awesome rated R movies.
    Here's a suggestion for you guys, you could've done what I did to watch a rated R movie without doing any funny business is bring one of your family members to come with you and pay you and your buddies tickets and then while the coast is clear, tell them to leave once you all of you got inside the theatre and the security i guess... and just go in and watch.
    "As a sidenote, is it really that obvious and smart that you never though of this idea in the first place or was it too embrassing for one of your family to be with you and your friends."
    Me and my friend, Philip had done it twice with the help of Phil's mom. Oh by the way, this is a trade secret but I'm not suppose to tell any of this info to other people otherwise there will be trouble I think, thats what my gut feeling tells me.
    I knew that it was wrong but i couldn't resist because I wanted to see "Inglorious Basterds".

    ReplyDelete